With football season just around the corner, we have compiled a list of the Top 5 College Quarterbacks for 2013.
With so much talent, it is hard to choose the Top 5 Quarterbacks in college; however, the lists are out and it looks like the following could be the Top 5 College Quarterbacks of 2013.
- Johnny Manziel – Last season he became the first freshman to win the Heisman Trophy (and the second player at Texas A&M to win the award) after a 29-24 upset against the No. 1 ranked Alabama team, which only helps to make him one of the Top 5 College Quarterbacks 2013. In 2012, Manziel threw 26 touchdowns, completed well over half of his passes for 3,706 yards and rushed 201 different times for a total of 1,410 yards. Standing at 6’1’’ and 210 pounds, with such an awesome first year under his belt, we are very excited to see what will come out of Manziel in 2013.
- Teddy Bridgewater – A native of Miami, Florida this University of Louisville quarterback stands at 6’3’’ and weighs around 196 pounds. Last season, his second one as a starter, he threw for 28 touchdowns, over 3,700 yards and completed 68% of his throws. He helped the Cardinals upset University of Florida in the Sugar Bowl last season and we are looking for to seeing how he plays this year.
- Tajh Boyd – From Hampton, Virginia this senior plays at Clemson University and is truly the backbone of the Tigers’ football team. Boyd stands at 6’1’’ and weighs in at 225 pounds. Last season this top quarterback threw for over 3,800 yards and 36 touchdowns. As one of the more seasoned best college quarterbacks this year, Boyd has said, “The older you get, the more significant the position becomes, and you understand the team lives and dies with you […] At the end of the day, if they can’t trust me and rely on me to be there in different situations, I don’t think we have anything special.” Dedicated to his teammates and coach, Boyd decided against going through the NFL draft last year so that he could play and (hopefully) win a BCS title.
- Marcus Mariota – Is a redshirt sophomore at the University of Oregon. Weighing in at 211 pounds and standing at 6’4’’, Mariota is from Honolulu, HI. Last season he helped the Ducks finish No. 2 in the nation, winning all but one game as he threw for 38 touchdowns and tallied over 3,400 yards. Mariota is a strong leader both on and off the field and he has the ability to think quickly, making game-winning plays.
- Braxton Miller – A junior at Ohio State, this 215 pound, 6’2’’ quarterback from Huber Heights, Ohio could very well become the next Heisman trophy winner. Last year was his first season running Urban Meyer’s offense where he lead the Buckeyes to win a perfect 12-0 season. Miller had 28 touchdowns, averaged 8 yards for each pass attempt and rushed for more than 1,200 yards. I don’t know about you, but I am excited to see what this top college quarterback has in store for us this season.
Are you excited for college football this year? Would you place anyone else on the Top 5 College Quarterbacks for 2013 Season List? Comment below, we would love to hear from you!