Today we are looking at some of the best Online Summer Classes that you can take while in High School or College. Though summer school classes aren’t always on everyone’s summer “to-do list,” if you are looking to graduate on time or ahead of schedule, then they may be a necessity. Depending on what your major is in College or how your High School functions will ultimately determine which online summer classes are best for you to take; but, read on for some of 2013’s most popular summer classes online.
Online Summer Classes for College Students
- Psychology courses, especially entry level ones, are great options for online classes. These courses usually require a lot of reading and memorizing, all of which can easily be done on your own outside of the classroom, making them a great class to take online.
- Sociology, like psychology, courses usually require a lot of reading and memorizing. Though group discussions are a large part of these classes, with today’s technologies you will still be able to discuss all the important topics with your class from the very comforts of your dorm room or bedroom.
- Astronomy classes discuss everything in the universe from galaxies to planets. Online courses in this subject area are just as interesting as in-room classes because of interactive media and video presentations.
- Foreign Languages are great online summer classes so long as you already have a general knowledge base of the language you are studying. If you don’t, the class will still be doable; it just may be a bit more challenging unless you can actually get face-to-face time with others who speak it.
- Photography classes online are a great way to learn about lighting, optics and the various types of cameras out there.
Online Summer Classes for High School Students
- Web Design courses will help you through programming and design exercises. If you are looking to break into the graphic design field this may be a great summer class for you.
- American History classes can be pretty independent courses making them a great one to knock out online in the summer.
- Biology classes will help you to increase your critical thinking skills as well as enable you to hold virtual labs with other students in your class.
- Computer Literacy classes will help you to perfect your skills and improve your understanding of the computers, laptops or tablets in your life.
- College and Career Preparation are great classes for sophomores or juniors in high school to help you try and figure out what you want to do and where you want to go. If you just want to learn a little more about all your options, as well as how to prepare for the coming years ahead than you should definitely take this class.
Are you a high school or college student that is taking online courses? Do you have a favorite class that didn’t make it on our list but you think it should be listed? Let us know!