Whether or not you believe it, there are quite a few cheap dates out there that can be a lot of fun and really help you to learn about the person you are on a date with. Dating on a budget really is possible so read on for six inexpensive dating ideas that just might come in handy the next time you meet someone.
Be a Better Person With Your Date
1. Volunteer Together – Yup, you read that right! The first of our cheap dates won’t actually cost you a penny and it will really help you to see what type of person your date is. Whether you head over to the local animal shelter and play with a few puppies or get a hold of a larger charity organization like Habitat for Humanity, volunteering with the person you are dating is not only budget friendly and good for the soul, but you will be helping someone or something in need and there really is nothing better than that.
Eating Together Can Be Done On the Cheap
2. Have a Picnic – Whether you grab a cheap bottle of wine and some chocolate for an evening spent viewing the stars or you put together some sandwiches, chips and a fruit salad, a picnic is a great way to get some one-on-one time with the person you are dating.
Stay Fit Together by Exercising
3. Exercise – This is a very popular one of our free date ideas. Going for a run, hike or even just a walk through campus can be a great way to spend some quality time together at no financial cost to you. Not only that, but exercising together helps you have some friendly competition and fills your mind with positive endorphins. Plus, it’ll give you a few extra bucks to save for a nice dinner or even just some ice cream in the future.
Stick to the Neighborhood: Visit the Park
4. Go to the Park – Remember how excited you used to get as a child when you went to the park? Those feelings are sure to ignite again, plus it is a great free first date idea that is sure to provide some fun, as well as bring up some interesting stories from the past.
Learning is Stimulating and Fun
5. Learn Something New – Whether it is a 8-week dancing class or Cooking 101, spending time together while learning a new skill can be both exciting and fun. Many places even offer student discounts so it’s a great way to spend some money and have something to do long after the class is over.
6. Make a scavenger hunt – Not only is this an inexpensive date, but it is a great way to show someone special some of your favorite places and/or things.
So as you can see, dating on a budget is possible – and can actually be quite fun!
If you use your creativity, you are sure to come up with some great ways to get to know the person you are dating, all while having a great time and going easy on your wallet.
Are there any other inexpensive dating ideas you have? Let us know!