With summer in full swing and the parties never-ending you may find yourself looking for healthy alcoholic drinks options. Depending on your drinking style, it can be difficult to keep your caloric intake low. However, if you really want to stay fit while enjoying some healthy summer cocktails, you are in luck because we have a number of drinks you might enjoy. There are many healthy blender drinks or healthy fruit drinks for you to enjoy, so read on for five of our favorites.
Our Five Favorite Healthy Alcoholic Drinks for Summer
- A Sea Breeze is made up of vodka, cranberry juice, grapefruit juice and a splash of seltzer. This is a great summer cocktail if you are looking for something fun and light as it only has 140 calories and lots of flavor.
- If you like wine, try making some Sangria – just be sure you don’t drink the whole pitcher yourself. Sangria is a delicious summer drink that only has about 120 calories per serving depending on how you make it. Most recipes will call for the whole bottle of wine, some rum, Collins mixer or Sprite, oranges, limes, grapes or really any kind of fruit (or vegetable) you want to add.
- If you like Cosmopolitans, you will love this drink! And the fact that is has almost 100 less calories than a Cosmo makes it all the better. I don’t have a name for it, but all you need is club soda, raspberry-infused vodka, a splash of cranberry juice and some lime and you will have a delicious summer cocktail that everyone is sure to love.
- Have you ever heard of a Bombay Magic? If not, you need to try one. With just over 100 calories it is a great drink for summer parties that won’t leave you feeling like you cannot eat for days. Made with your choice of tequila or vodka, club soda, some lemon juice, Cointreau and mint leaves, it is surprisingly refreshing and smooth.
- Everyone loves Margaritas, especially in the summer. But they can have upwards of 500 calories in one drink making them a very poor choice if you are trying to stay healthy. So if you want a healthier option that is similar in taste just have a shot of tequila on the rocks with a splash of lime and some soda if you need it.
Please Remember to Drink Responsibly!
Are there any other healthy cocktails you enjoy? We would love to hear about them!